We run a number of public appeals throughout the year to raise funds for specific projects, health facilities and illnesses. You can support these appeals as an individual, organisation or company.
Give Me 5 For Kids – You can help purchase essential medical equipment for children in your community
The annual Give Me 5 For Kids donation drive is held every June and supported by Southern Cross Austereo’s 92.5 Gold FM. The radio fundraiser directly supports the Children’s Ward of Gold Coast University Hospital and you can help make it possible to purchase much-needed medical equipment for children in your community.
The 2016 Give Me 5 For Kids appeal raised enough funds to purchase many lifesaving items including:
- C-MAC Video Laryngoscope – Improves the safety of intubation in critically unwell children, valued at more than $47,000
- Drager Jaundice Meter – Provides a visual assessment of jaundice in newborn babies to help prevent brain damage, valued at more than $24,700
- Adjustable Height Baby Bath – A height adjustable bath that protects mothers from possible back injury while caring for tiny newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, valued at more than $4,800
- Kanmed Medical Baby Warmer, Waterbed & Mattress – The baby warmer is scientifically designed to provide the right amount of warmth to keep unwell and preterm babies warm, without the need of an incubator, valued at more than $6,000
The 2014 appeal raised $150,000 to purchase many items of medical equipment on our wish list, including:
- Baby broncho-oesophagosopes – very small telescopes to look down a baby’s airways to remove any foreign objects – $23,000
- Transport Monitor – monitors heart rate, oxygen saturation and blood pressure while a child is being transferred between departments – $10,000
- C-Mac Laryngoscopy Unit – allows real time visualisation when a child is being intubated in an emergency – $35,000
- Transcutaneous Bilirubin Meters – allows babies having their jaundice levels done by a special machine that touches the skin so blood tests can be avoided – $3,000
Thanks to the incredible generosity of kind-hearted individuals and businesses in the Gold Coast community, we can continue to raise more funds to make a real difference in the lives of very unwell local children.
Please get behind Give Me 5 For Kids in June and help sick or injured children in need. Head to the Give Me 5 For Kids website to learn more.
Christmas Gifting Trees Appeal 2013
Two huge Christmas Gifting Trees stood tall at Gold Coast University Hospital and Robina Hospital to bring festive cheer to patients, staff and visitors.
Through corporate sponsorship from Southport Sharks, Foxtel and Gold Coast Cabs and public donations, the appeal raised just over $3,000 to purchase medical equipment that will improve patient care:
1. Electronic scales to assess malnutrition in patients
2. A portable suction unit for use when transferring tracheotomy and high-dependency patients
3. Wheelchair for the medical imaging department.