Research Grants Scheme
Gold Coast Health and the Gold Coast Hospital Foundation are pleased to announce the 2018 Research Grant Scheme is now open for applications. The grant program has been established to enable research that can improve the health of the Gold Coast community and delivery of health care services:
– high quality health-related research
– building the research capacity of Gold Coast Health and its staff
– a strong research culture within Gold Coast Health facilities
– translatable research that results in improvements in patient outcomes, clinical practice, service delivery and population health in the Gold Coast region
– engagement of Gold Coast’s health care professionals in research, providing support for staff at different levels of research expertise
– building of meaningful collaborations between Gold Coast Health researchers and external partners
– funding research that has the potential for wide dissemination across the Gold Coast, Australia and internationally.
The Research Grants Scheme 2018 will support up to $100,000 per project, for projects of one to three years duration.
Documents you need to apply
The Research Grants Scheme for 2018 will involve a two-step application process. The first step involves submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI). Following review of the EOI by members of the Research Grants Committee, successful applicants will be invited to submit a full application.
- click here to download the expression of interest, guideline and submission template
- click here to access the SmartyGrants submission platform
- Applicants with a successful EOI submission will be invited to prepare a full application.
Equipment and Medical Aids Wishlist Grants
Gold Coast Hospital Foundation invites Gold Coast Health staff to nominate medical aids and equipment and facility improvement projects that will help ease patient distress and poverty caused by illness and disease.
Good examples of projects that have previously been funded to help achieve this aim are the provision of specialised strollers and walking aids for babies and children with physical ailments, relaxation haven for young cancer patients at GCUH, the beautiful outdoor courtyard spaces for dementia patients, the outdoor garden and fitness facilities for young mental health patients at Robina hospital.
Applications can be submitted at any time and are reviewed quarterly by our selection committee.
GED WILLIAMS NURSING AND MIDWIFERY SCHOLARSHIPS
These scholarships are delivered as a result of a significant donation from Professor Ged Williams who was Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery Gold Coast Hospital Health Service (GCHHS) and Clinical Professor of Nursing, Griffith University from 2007 to 2013. During his time with Gold Coast Health and Griffith University, Professor Williams was a passionate advocate for clinical excellence, continuing education and advanced specialisation across all domains of practice.
Building on his legacy, a number of Post Registration study scholarships are available to Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives, Enrolled Nurses and Assistants in Nursing from Gold Coast Health who have completed or expected to complete study in this calendar year. Gold Coast Health encourages the uptake of postgraduate study to develop a highly skilled workforce who are ready and able to help ease distress caused by illness and disability. Ged Williams has generously provided the funding for these scholarships to act as an incentive to pursue and complete specialised postgraduate studies.
- Applications for the 2019 Ged Williams Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships are open.
- Gold Coast Health Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives, Enrolled Nurses and Assistants in Nursing completing their studies as at December 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Applications close on 8 November 2019 with successful applicants to be announced at the Gold Coast Health Nursing and Midwifery Oration on 4 December 2019