Gold Coast Hospital Foundation is a locally-based community charity that promotes health and helps improve public health care.
What we do
With community support we raise money to deliver public health education, research and improve health care for the Gold Coast region. Our major focus aims to reduce and prevent cardiovascular disease – helping to make your community healthier.
We improve health outcomes for patients by:
- Delivering two vital support services – the Cancer Patient Transport Service and Emergency Accommodation Service
- Purchasing medical equipment that adds value to existing resources
- Delivering health promotion and health education workshops, conferences and activities
- Funding research departments, projects, scholarships and fellowships
Who we support
The Foundation delivers health education and health promotion activities to the entire Gold Coast community.
- Local patients and their families
- Gold Coast University and Robina Hospitals
- 35 community-based public Gold Coast Health services (including aged care services, mental health, family, women’s and children, home and community care, sub-acute and acute services
- Gold Coast Health staff – who are undertaking research and need seed funding to get started or who want to develop their professional skills and knowledge through further education, training and conferences.
Click here to view the Foundation Strategy 2017-2020