Scrub Up September TM is Gold Coast Hospital Foundation’s newest community fundraising operation. Get involved to help raise money to purchase vital medical equipment such as critical care cots, deliver hospital research and enhance patient support services.
Sign up today
To register or to find out more, please contact Sabrina Kellmann, Communinty Fundraising Coordintor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 5594 6986.
Once signed up, you’ll receive an information pack and a variety of marketing support materials such as posters, digital flyers and more.
Choose any date in September for the whole school to Scrub Up in blue or aqua for a gold coin donation. The class with the highest fundraising total will win a $50 Rebel Sports or Kmart voucher, so it’s a great idea to encourage family and friends to make a donation to add to your class’s fundraising collection. Students can also enjoy visits from our Mascot and a health practitioner such as a surgeon or doctor.
Choose any day in September, a week or the whole month to Scrub Up. It’s not only a wonderful way to give back to the community, but you’ll also receive tax benefits for your tax-deductible donation. Fundraising ideas:
- Donate a percentage of sales
- Add $2 to each bill or sale
- Hold a ‘dress down in blue or aqua’ team fundraising day
- Host a work event e.g. a lunch or dinner
Community organisations, groups and individuals
Choose any day in September, a week or the whole month to Scrub Up.
You don’t need to be part of a group to make a difference! Individuals can Scrub Up for the month of September by signing up to the peer-to-peer fundraising platform, Everyday Hero. Then you can easily share your story of why you’re supporting Scrub Up September to encourage friends and family to help this important cause.
- Host a morning/afternoon tea or cake stall
- Hold a BBQ/sausage sizzle
- Organise a book, garage or car boot sale
- Have some fun with a guessing competition
- Spend an evening wine tasting
- Arrange a trivia night or dinner party
- Organise a sport tournament
Participating schools, businesses, organisations and individuals
We’re delighted to welcome on board the following schools and businesses to our inaugural Scrub Up September campaign.
- St Vincent’s Primary School – 31 Aug 2017
- Hillcrest Christian College
- Broadbeach Community Childcare
- Goodstart Early Learning Burleigh Waters
- Brazilian Butterfly, Ashmore Branch – 18-30 Sept 2017, $1 from every Brazilian
- Chempro Chemist – 6 Sept 2017
- Coffee Bug Express – 6 Sept 2017
- Doctors Orders Canteen – 6 Sept 2017
- First Aid Accident & Emergency – whole month, $1 from every training course
- Halligan’s Fitness
- Inside Out Health Club – whole month, $5 from every new membership
- Mandala & Co.
- Nosh – 6 Sept 2017
- QuikStop MiniMart & News – 6 Sept 2017
- Robina Dental
- Sushi 1 – 6 Sept 2017
- The Coffee Club, Burleigh Heads – 29 Sept 2017
- Zep – 6 Sept 2017
- Nicole’s garage sale – 1-2 Sept 2017
- Louise’s morning tea – Gold Coast University Hospital