In September 2018, you’re invited to ‘Scrub Up’ and fundraise together as a community to make a real difference to children and adults in need of hospital care.
Scrub Up September TM is Gold Coast Hospital Foundation’s exciting community fundraising operation. Get involved to help raise money to purchase vital medical equipment such as critical care cots, deliver hospital research and enhance patient support services at Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital and other public health care facilities in our community.
Here at the Foundation, we’re passionate about giving every person on the Gold Coast access to the best health care to help reduce hardship caused by illness, injury or disability. With your help, we can provide the best care to patients and families during times of medical crisis.
Register your interest for 2018
Please contact our Community Fundraising Coordinator, Sabrina Kellmann, at email@example.com or (07) 5594 6986 to register your interest for the next Scrub Up September TM or to find out more about this fantastic fundraising campaign. We’d love to welcome you on board in 2018!
Once signed up, Sabrina will be in touch with you prior to the launch of Scrub Up September TM to arrange your information pack and a variety of marketing support materials such as posters, digital flyers and more.
How to get involved
Are you interested in becoming a fundraising champion for Gold Coast Hospital Foundation in September 2018? Then ‘Scrub Up’ and get your school, business or community group involved in our second annual Scrub Up September TM fundraising program!
Choose any date in September for the whole school to Scrub Up in blue or aqua for a gold coin donation. The class with the highest fundraising total will win a terrific prize, so it’s a great idea to encourage family and friends to make a donation to add to your class’s fundraising collection. Students can also enjoy a special visit from our official Mascot and a health practitioner such as a surgeon or doctor.
Local businesses can choose any day in September, a week or the whole month to Scrub Up. It’s not only a wonderful way to give back to the community, but you’ll also receive tax benefits for your tax-deductible donation. Here are a few fundraising ideas:
- Donate a percentage of sales
- Add $2 to each bill or sale
- Hold a ‘dress down in blue or aqua’ team fundraising day
- Host a work event e.g. a lunch or dinner
Community organisations, groups and individuals
Whether you’re part of a community group/organisation or an individual passionate about making a difference, you can support Scrub Up September TM by choosing any day in September, a week or the whole month to Scrub Up. To help make fundraising as simple as possible, individuals can sign up to the peer-to-peer fundraising platform, Everyday Hero. Then you can easily share your story of why you’re supporting Scrub Up September TM to encourage friends and family to help this important cause.
Check out these fun fundraising ideas:
- Host a morning/afternoon tea or cake stall
- Hold a BBQ/sausage sizzle
- Organise a book, garage or car boot sale
- Have some fun with a guessing competition
- Spend an evening wine tasting
- Arrange a trivia night or dinner party
- Organise a sport tournament
Thank you to the following participants in 2017
A huge thank you to the following schools, businesses, organisations and individuals for taking part in our inaugural Scrub Up September TM campaign.
- St Vincent’s Primary School – 31 Aug 2017
- Hillcrest Christian College
- Broadbeach Community Childcare
- Goodstart Early Learning Burleigh Waters
- Brazilian Butterfly, Ashmore Branch – 18-30 Sept 2017, $1 from every Brazilian
- Chempro Chemist – 6 Sept 2017
- Coffee Bug Express – 6 Sept 2017
- Doctors Orders Canteen – 6 Sept 2017
- First Aid Accident & Emergency – whole month, $1 from every training course
- Halligan’s Fitness
- Inside Out Health Club – whole month, $5 from every new membership
- Mandala & Co.
- Nosh – 6 Sept 2017
- QuikStop MiniMart & News – 6 Sept 2017
- Robina Dental
- Sushi 1 – 6 Sept 2017
- The Coffee Club, Burleigh Heads – 29 Sept 2017
- Zep – 6 Sept 2017
- Nicole’s garage sale – 1-2 Sept 2017
- Louise’s morning tea – Gold Coast University Hospital